[opensuse-translation] Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Managing SUSE translations in unified way
Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
Hello guys,

Let me tell you a "shorty" bit about my hackweek project.

It is a very welcome effort.

I just updated my translation-update-upstream generated files archive:
http://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/sbrabec/translation-update-upstream/README
http://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/sbrabec/translation-update-upstream/

Volunteers that would be able to merge Novell contribution back to
upstream would be very welcome.

It would need:
- A tool to simplify the merge.
- Native speakers from that are able to review differences of
translations, pick the better one and communicate with the upstream
translation community.

Let me to introduce translation tools in short:

translation-update-upstream:
Collects strings from upstream and LCN and creates best-effort pot files
for build-time update of packages (translation-update-upstream is a
build dependency of the package and while called from the spec file, it
updates translations in the unpacked sources).

gnome-patch-translation:
Collects strings from SUSE specific patches (not only GNOME) and creates
translation domain (gnome-patch-translation.pot) from them.

translation-update:
Collects strings from LCN and creates install-time update packages. (It
does not need rebuild of packages, but translation are installed twice
then (old in package and new in translation-update)).

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer