Re: [opensuse-translation] Weblate / posummit status and possibilities
  • From: Tomáš Chvátal <tchvatal@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2013 12:33:36 +0200
Dne So 6. dubna 2013 12:25:10, Olav Pettershagen napsal(a):
Lørdag 6. april 2013 11.45.10 skrev Tomáš Chvátal:
Hello guys,

After that we would probably discourage/disable the direct access to the
po
files because you would loose all the fancy stuff like the branch merging
when you work around and not use the web interface. So please let me know
how strongly would you be against web-based translation approach.

I suppose the translation process would be considerably slowed down for
those of us who translate openSUSE po files using full-fledged CAT tools.

Although I don't know how the weblate site would work. For all I know it
might be packed with productivity boosting features. :)

Thats the goal for weblate. So far Michal implemented almost all usefull stuff
and when needed he adds features.

So you are still able to do context search you have fuzzy matching from
translation memory, use tbx dictionaries, ...
During the hackweek he plans to do 1.5 release [1] which brings more goodies
to be up par with what we can do with lokalize and other tools.

I am pretty picky for what is needed for translations as I do them for quite
while. :-)

But the best approach would be probably to find out what is missing for you
(try the demo and look on the bugs we plan to fix next week [and consider
those features to be there for the opensuse tool]) so Michal can implement it.

[1] https://github.com/nijel/weblate/issues?milestone=7&page=1&state=open
< Previous Next >
List Navigation