Re: [opensuse-translation] 12.3 Translation Deadline?
  • From: Marguerite Su <i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 01:55:48 +0800
On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 10:18 PM, Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Marguerite Su <i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Sounds like we're in a hurry for this release...in 12.2's time, the
translation deadline is Aug. 31th...and on Sep. 5 we're still doing
the release notes and websites updates.

I do not understand this completely. But yes, release notes are always
late, and we often must update them after the actual release od the
distribution because we detect more "issues" as time goes by.

Sorry I misunderstood.

I meant this:

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-translation/2012-07/msg00000.html

and this:

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-translation/2012-08/msg00048.html

I was about to say, judging by the date, you had at least a month and
more to do 12.2 translation. this time we only have a time window
between M2 and B1.

Then I find the release date of M2...there's still a month between
them too, but because there're Christmas and new year holidays, and
office work got full on ordinary days because of the two holidays...so
time flew and I missed the time window.

As a translator, I tend to start working on the last
Milestone...because in the previous ones, hardcore features are not
finalized yet, and few new string is filled in. but this time...we
freeze at beta...so seems we have to use unreviewed translations this
time...

Hhmm, if needed we can and will still update translations for the next
RCs.

Hhmmm, still good news ha...

I'd say, even if unconfirmed for the moment, you'd better open a bug
report now.

bnc#801311

Greetings,

Marguerite