Re: [opensuse-translation] Unbreakable spaces in translations?
On 13.12.2012 11:17, Guillaume Gardet wrote:
Hi,

Is there anyone who knows if we can use unbreakable spaces (&nbsp;) in
our translations? Or will it be displayed &nbsp; instead of a space?
I guess the answer depends on the PO file but it would be very nice to
know which files could use &nbsp; and which cannot.

Maybe Karl could help?

You can't even answer that for single applications as it depends how the
string is used. If it's displayed in a RTF text message, it might be ok,
but not if it's on command line.

For yast it might even be worse - Qt and GTK might display it correctly,
ncurses not. So I would rather not do it unless you can test yourself in
all circumstances.

Greetings, Stephan