Re: [opensuse-translation] Basque translation
  • From: Michael Skiba <mailinglist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 10:25:51 +0200
Am Mittwoch, 19. September 2012, 01:01:15 schrieb ander.elor@xxxxxxxxx:
Hi:
Hi Ander,

I want start Basque translation of OpenSUSE because it is the only major
distribution that is not in Basque.
it's a good thing you're here to change that :-)

The openSuse guide says that I need a account on https://svn.opensuse.org. I
have to ask the coordinator to have one but I do not know how to contact
him.
As there is no Basque translation team yet for openSUSE (<< please notice:
This is the only correct spelling, regardless whether it's at the start of a
sentence or anywhere else, it's sort of a fixed label :-) ) you came to the
right place.

To request an svn-account please use the attached script to generate an
encryted password and a username. Store it somewhere and make it executable,
then open run it like this: "./svn-password opensuse-i18n <optional username>"
(if you don't specify a username the script will use $USER). As the script
will tell you, you should send that file to Daniel Schmidt at jdsn@xxxxxxx .

Basque language code ISO 639-1: "eu"
I think Karl Eichwald, he's sort of our contactman, will create the necessary
folderstructure in the svn system. But you can already use the .pot files to
start translating. Choose your own priorities, but I'd start with something
visible like the installer, before you lose yourself in the various yast
settings.

--
Kind Regards,
Michael