[opensuse-translation] Re: [opensuse-wiki] Traslation of "Upcoming features" and Screenshots pages.
  • From: Marguerite Su <i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 20:43:34 +0800
On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 6:28 PM, G G <hawake@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All,
i would like to bring your attention on the fact that we (translators)
need to have the "Upcoming features" [0] and "Screenshots" pages ready
for translation at least two or three weeks before the release. I
don't know who is responsible for that pages so i wrote here... If we
want to make a sort of marketing campaign we need obviously more time
to "spam" all over the blogosphere the new features and enhancements
of oS 12.2.

It seems this page is not for any fixed version marketing campaign,
it's used for ambassadors and boosters to tell anyone interested in
openSUSE "What's next", so when 12.2 is released, this page will
become the upcoming features of 12.3...

If you want to sync this page with your translation, then you will
overwrite your 12.2 work.

My solution is to create a 12.2 portal and translate a fixed version
of this page in Chinese localized wiki.

Maybe what you want is 12.2 release notes which is in i18n.opensuse.org:

http://svn.opensuse.org/viewvc/opensuse-i18n/trunk/lcn/zh_CN/po/RELEASE-NOTES-openSUSE.zh_CN.po?view=markup

And RC1 features broadcasting here:

http://news.opensuse.org/2012/07/12/opensuse-12-2-rc1-available-for-testing/
(almost all of new features and updates are here)

That's the marketing material I've found.

Marguerite