Re: [opensuse-translation] Translation of http://www.opensuse.org/
On 07.06.2012 10:44, Guillaume Gardet wrote:
Hi,

Le 07/06/2012 10:25, Thomas Schmidt a écrit :
On 06.06.2012 18:54, Guillaume Gardet wrote:
Hi,
After some testing it seems my scripts to maintain those pages with PO
files work. You can find them here:
http://guillaume.gardet.free.fr/openSUSE_org/scripts_for_PO/make_POT.sh
http://guillaume.gardet.free.fr/openSUSE_org/scripts_for_PO/make_PO_to_HTML.sh

You must clone the git tree and copy the scripts at the root.

Calling make_POT.sh will create the POT file ./50-pot/opensuse_org.pot from
en HTML files.

Then, this POT file must be sent/copied to the openSUSE i18n server POT
folder (in trunk). PO files will be generated/merged there for translation
for each lang.

Then, you call make_PO_to_HTML.sh to get the translated PO files from the
i18n server and generate HTML files from those PO files.

Currently, sync with i18n server does not work since PO files are not there.
HTML files are generated only if more than 50% of the PO is translated but
it can be changed in the script.

If you want to test the scripts, you can get the POT with no problem (with
make_POT.sh ) but you have to generate the PO manually for your lang with
msginit from POT, translate it and copy it to the
$lang/po/ folder. Finally, call make_PO_to_HTML.sh to generate the HTML
files.

Could you please test it for your language ? I tested for French.

If peoples are OK who can add those scripts and execute them on the git
server ? (I have no commit rights).
I have commit rights for i18n server but it would make more sense if the
maintainer(s) of the landing page could do it. (You just need to copy the
latest POT file when english HTML files are
modified).
Hi Guillaume,
I added your translated files to git.

Thanks. How long must we wait for the changes appear on the webpage?

We need to ping mehle@xxxxxxxxxx to deploy the page in the datacenter. I will
do that.

Please tell me your github username, so you can continue integrating
those scripts in the repository:
https://github.com/openSUSE/landing-page

My username is ggardet for github.

I added you to the opensuse committers group in github. Have fun :-)

--
Thomas Schmidt (tom [at] opensuse.org)
openSUSE Boosters Team