[opensuse-translation] Re: Total number of strings in the statistics
On 15/04/12 10:59, Andrea Turrini wrote:
Hi all,

I have just noted a strange thing about translation statistics: the
overall number of strings is not constant between languages.

For instance, German contains 34991 strings, Spanish (and some other)
35001, and Italian (and several others) 34998.

The difference seems to derive from lcn (I have not checked all other
languages): 14783 (de), 14793 (es), 14790 (it); in particular from
snapper (115 for es and it, 108 for de) and zypper (720 for es, 717 for
de and it).

If I "grep -c msgid\ \"" snapper.pot and zypper.pot, I obtain 116 and
718 so the right number of strings is 115 and 717 (since pot file
contains msgid "" in the beginning).

Is it correct this difference in the number of strings? May it be caused
by the source of the statistics (berlios instead of svn.opensuse since
links associated to the single po files lead to berlios)?

I checked again and now, after an update of the pot files, zypper.pot
contains 720 strings to translate, so this fix the difference for
zypper; probably non-updated po files are the motivation for other
languages.

Just an aesthetic thing, there are two missing tags, </tbody> and
(about zypper).

Best,
Andrea