Re: [opensuse-translation] Chit chat: "Please"
Dne P√° 6. dubna 2012 14:48:15, Carlos E. R. napsal(a):

Yes, in Spanish we don't use it either, so the translations do not change.
But that was not why I mentioned the change, but why change it at all in
English. Has the customary "please" been pushed out of fashion in English
speaking countries, or perhaps in some? Has SUSE made a policy telling
their programmers to review their software not to say "please"? It is
curious so many programs being modified to remove the wording.

Yes, we are removing 'please' on purpose - and this is actually nothing new,
it's been years already.

The reasoning is something like, 'it does not fit into technical style of
documentation'. It is of course nothing like we do not want to be polite.

But I'm just a developer - Karl should know more, I guess.

Jiri

--
Jiri Suchomel

Lihovarsk√° 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 960