Re: [opensuse-translation] Moving SVN to opensuse.org
  • From: Strainu <strainu10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 18:01:03 +0200
2011/11/29 Gabriel [SGT] <gabriel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 12:23 PM, Strainu <strainu10@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We thought about that, but decided against it, as it would mean
loosing the suggestions from the other projects. Nobody translates in
Romanian using Vertaal.

Plus, as far as the content goes, this is not free software, and that
would discourage some of our contributors.

https://github.com/dahool/vertaal
https://github.com/dahool/vertaal/blob/master/LICENSE.txt

That's the code. The glossary says: cc-by-nc-sa-3.0 [
http://www.vertaal.com.ar/iterm/opensuse/ro/list/ ], which is
non-free. The single most important reason for having an online
translation tool is collaboration and standardization between
projects. If I cannot use the translations proposed by other people, I
don't see much use in working online.

Regards,
Strainu