Re: [opensuse-translation] Moving SVN to opensuse.org
  • From: "Herve DUPUIS" <herve.dupuis1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 15:41:40 +0100
stop writting to me please
I have nothing to do with you !!!
Thank you to stop !!!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Strainu" <strainu10@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Andreas Jaeger" <aj@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: <opensuse-translation@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; <swims@xxxxxxxxxx>; <pdillon@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2011 2:06 PM
Subject: Re: [opensuse-translation] Moving SVN to opensuse.org

2011/11/17 Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxx>:
On Thursday, November 17, 2011 09:54:22 Karl Eichwalder wrote:
An alternative is switching to github.com. Besides git it supports svn -
and also editing of files via the web.

[reposting, the first answer only got to Andreas; sorry for that]
Yes, I remember this has been brought up at some point. Speaking for
the Romanian translators, I'm against that for the moment for several
reasons:

- not all translators are technical (see Kosta's response :D ) - for
then SVN or git makes no difference
- some tools only support SVN at the moment (we're using Narro, which
allows automatic SVN and Mercurial uploads, but no git)

Also, if we could have PKI authentication on the new host, that would
be great - the same Narro limitations :)

Thanks,
Strainu