Re: [opensuse-translation] Moving SVN to opensuse.org
Strainu <strainu10@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

2011/11/17 Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxx>:
On Thursday, November 17, 2011 09:54:22 Karl Eichwalder wrote:
An alternative is switching to github.com. Besides git it supports svn -
and also editing of files via the web.

- not all translators are technical (see Kosta's response :D ) - for
then SVN or git makes no difference
- some tools only support SVN at the moment (we're using Narro, which
allows automatic SVN and Mercurial uploads, but no git)

github is a nice place and directly editing with a webbrowser is a
rather convenient feature. But to avoid compatibility trouble we
probably better stick with a plain SVN server for the moment. Thus I
also vote to migrate to svn.opensuse.org on 2011-11-29 and the following
days.

Also, if we could have PKI authentication on the new host, that would
be great - the same Narro limitations :)

I'm not sure about it, but since svn.opensuse.org is maintained by
opensuse admin, it should be possible to add useful feature (no
promisses how when this could be done).

R&D / Documentation Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg, Germany