Re: [opensuse-translation] 12.1 Release announcement needs translation
  • From: Kostas Koudaras <warlordfff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 12:27:54 +0300
2011/10/28 Alexander Melentyev <minton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
2011/10/28 Kostas Koudaras <warlordfff@xxxxxxxxx>:
2011/10/28 Satoru Matsumoto <helios_reds@xxxxxxx>:
(2011/10/28 17:38), Carlos E. R. wrote:

AFAIK, you just need to update the
trunk/lcn/50-pot/RELEASE-NOTES-openSUSE.pot file in our SVN, and it
will be translated by the person in each team adscribed to the task.

Kostas was talking about release *announcement* which will be published
on news.o.o, not *RELEASE-NOTES*. ;-)

Yeap, that is what I am talking about...
While there was a little misunderstanding, Carlos is generally right.
There are many established and working translation teams in our
community, who can translate your text easily in a way they are used
to, why you want to break the current workflow with calling up
separate volunteers?

You got me wrong, I don't want to break the current work flow, I just
ask for some volunteers so that we are sure that this thing will be
covered better and not looking for people in the last minute plus
having the release announcement sooner will give people their time to
do it without pressure ;-)
Also giving the release announcement sooner to people to translate
will have as a result to have the Release announcement published all
over the world in every language at the first day that 12.1 will be
out so that the users that do not speak English won't have to wait
more days to read it, treating all users equal.

Have fun
Kostas

--
http://opensuse.gr