Re: [opensuse-translation] Strings for webyast are obsolete.
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 16:23:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Thursday, 2011-10-13 at 12:33 +0200, Karl Eichwalder wrote:

"Carlos E. R." <> writes:

On Sunday, 2011-10-02 at 02:09 +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:

The strings for webyast are obsolete, they are dated from last May. It is
pointless to translate a project with obsolete strings.

Bug 722425 - Webyast .pot files are obsolete

Thanks for the reminder. We now have updated webyast files in the
trunk. They are basically the same as in the SLE11 branch.

Thanks.

I have downloaded them and aplied them to the Spanish .po files. There are absolutely no changes in strings since last May. Its very strange. The devs are not "deving"?

There is just a new file: webyast-example-ui.pot
And two have disapeared: webyast-language-ui.es.po and webyast-permissions-ui.es.po.

I have done the appropiate changes in the svn.

Gabriel: You have to do the changes to Vertaal, too.

You are
strongly encouraged to make use of the existing translations from the
branch (if your language exists there)::

https://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/opensuse-i18n/branches/SLE11/webyast

If the existing translations do not match your expectations resp. if
they are different from your style, it would help a lot, if you'd report
your findings (either in bugzilla or via mail to me or Shane).

Hum!

That will take a fair bit of work and time. I have to figure a way of doing it.

I will have to download the SLE11 branch, them open both sides on two kbabel instances, then compare one by one... tedious.

No, I don't use lokalize. Last time I tried it did not have verifications, besides not knowing how to use it.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)