Re: [opensuse-translation] Cannot upload .po files to the system
  • From: "Stathis Iosifidis (aka diamond_gr)" <diamond_gr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 01:13:03 +0300
Thank you Carlos,

Let's focus on webyast and on greek language (el).
Just change the "es" in my commands with "el".

OK. Changed.

working directory is ~ostrucnk/webyast/el/po

Can you give me please...

1st command: download the po files.
One line - first time only - and you have to check the commands, there can
be errors.:

cd ~/ostrucnk
svn -N checkout
https://YOURLOGIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx//svnroot/repos/opensuse-i18n/trunk/webyast/el/
webyast/el/

Every time:

cd ~/ostrucnk/webyast
svn up el

WORK

WORKS. Download only an Makefile.svn file. NO po files to translate.
webyast is empty.

2nd command: upload the files.

cd ~/ostrucnk
svn commit --message "translated some files" webyast/es

I changed es with el.
I copied the previous directory (including Makefile.svn)
It tried and got

Transmitting file data .....................svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: File '/trunk/webyast/el/po/webyast-base-ui.el.po' is out of date

If I keep the same Makefile.svn it doesn't do anything.

BUT! I insist that you have to contact your own team members and ask THEM
for instructions. I can tell you how I do it, or general terms, not how you
are supposed to do it.

Often in teams only one person uploads the files, the coordinator. The rest
of the people send files to him by email. Or they use a coordination tool,
such as vertaal.
He had a problem in the past too.

Someone must create a web based program to apply our files easier to the system.