Re: [opensuse-translation] Cannot upload .po files to the system

On 2011-07-14 07:29, Stathis Iosifidis (aka diamond_gr) wrote:
Στις 14/07/2011 02:54 πμ, ο/η Carlos E. R. έγραψε:

Thank you Carlos,

I'm newbie with this. I'm familiar with launchpad where it has web based
way to upload po files. Also I worked with transifex.
This is new to me. I found out how to download the po files.
Our wiki doesn't have how to upload files.
Now I have all webyast 100% translated in my computer and I cannot upload
it. It's useless to have it in my computer.

So either someone complete the tutorial
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Localization_guide

or just let me know how to upload those po files corectly.

The procedure varies with the team. For Spanish, most people use Vertaal.
The wiki above is complete in that it refers you to subversion doc for the
commands.

I can show you how I do.

I first create a "trunk" directory. Then I run:

svn -N checkout
https://robin_listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx//svnroot/repos/opensuse-i18n/trunk/lcn lcn
svn -N checkout
https://robin_listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx//svnroot/repos/opensuse-i18n/trunk/packages
packages
svn -N checkout
https://robin_listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx//svnroot/repos/opensuse-i18n/trunk/webyast
webyast
svn -N checkout
https://robin_listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx//svnroot/repos/opensuse-i18n/trunk/yast
yast

I cd to packages, then:

svn up svn up 50-etc 50-pot 50-tools es
md 50-memory/ ; cd 50-memory/
svn up head-info.es.po memory.es.po lcn-memory-checked.pot

Repeat for all the subbranches.

Then, I run a script, every day before starting work:

cd ~/Projects/babel/SuSE/trunk/yast
svn -N up
for WHAT in 50-doc 50-etc 50-html 50-pot 50-tools es ;
do
echo -n "---- $WHAT - "
svn up $WHAT
done

cd 50-memory/
svn up head-info.es.po yast2.es.po yast2_checked_header.pot \
yast2_checked.pot README
cd ..

Similarly for lcn, webyast, packages.

Then I translate, then upload as I said yesterday.

I would make a backup of what you translated, download it all properly,
copy over the translated files, then upload properly.

Or better, ask your team mates how they do it.

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)