RE: [opensuse-translation] Adding a new language

Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 10:30:09 +0200
From: tiwai@xxxxxxx
To: ke@xxxxxxx
CC: opensuse-translation@xxxxxxxxxxxx; rojjn@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [opensuse-translation] Adding a new language

At Fri, 27 May 2011 09:39:53 +0200,
Karl Eichwalder wrote:

Black Rain writes:

I'm trying to add a new language on opensuse,

here are the details;

new language name: Nepali

Thanks for the offer! We probably first must clarify whether there is a
free font that sufficiently supports the Nepali (ne) language.
According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepali_language, "Nepali is
commonly written in the Devanagari script", thus I'd assume that it is
supported. Takashi, can you please help with this?

I guess so. It should be included in most of fonts supporting Indic
languages. Not sure how well supported (e.g. including extended
region), though.

Takashi

  so would this language be approved?
  or how long would take to be approved?