Re: [opensuse-translation] How to report typos in packages/pot files
  • From: Andrea Turrini <andrea.turrini@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 15:37:38 +0200
2011/5/24 Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>:
Tirsdag den 24. maj 2011 14:26:41 skrev Andrea Turrini:
For non-installed rpms, I can download them via "zypper in -d" and
then use "less" or mc on the downloaded rpm (all my repos have
keeppackages=1) to obtain the same information. It is not so fast, but
it works.

Funny it should come up, just earlier today I picked up a trick from darix on
irc how to get info for non-installed rpms.

You can simply use:
'rpm -qpi http://host/file.rpm'

Of course you'll have to get the URL for the rpm first, but it might still be
a bit quicker and cleaner than the other approach.

Interesting... but you need to download the rpm every time you query
the package.

Regards,
Andrea