Re: [opensuse-translation] Refresh pot files?
Tysdag 17. mai 2011 skreiv Carlos E. R.:
Personally, I do not like these "discontinued" directories. I'd rather
vote to add all good translations to the memory or compendium files, and
then simple remove the outdated translation files.

But in the compendium it is not possible to evaluate when strings are too
old and should also be removed from memory. Also, the strings are out of
context.

The ‘best’, heavy-duty, solution is probably to use the Pology Ascription
framework:

http://techbase.kde.org/Localization/Workflows/PO_Ascription
and
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.internationalization-and-documentation/17399

However, for most teams this will be overkill, and just keeping the outdated
translation file stored in a local directory would be OK. Personally, I would
just delete the file. There are plenty of *current* translation sources for
creating compendia; you don’t have to keep old ones around.

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer
http://huftis.org/