Re: [opensuse-translation] Refresh pot files?
"Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

On 2011-05-17 16:35, Karl Eichwalder wrote:

But in the compendium it is not possible to evaluate when strings are too
old and should also be removed from memory. Also, the strings are out of
context.

Both things can be done, have the compendium and the discontinued archive.

Yeah. And yes, the "normal" gettext compendium approach is rather
limited. Maybe, it is worth trying to preserve the translations in the
xliff format and deriving .po compendia as needed. I think I'll give
this a whirl.

Wondering what's the state of the art with xliff and free CAT systems?
(CAT == computer aided translation)

Well, if the .pot disappears, the .po has to be removed as well, no?

Yes, agreed ;) To be sure, you can check the MAINTAINERS file first
using 50-tools/lcn-check-maintainers.sh .

--
Karl Eichwalder - R&D / Documentation

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer,
HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg), Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany