Re: [opensuse-translation] Easy way to find shortcut collisions?
2011/4/18 Andrea Turrini <andrea.turrini@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hi all,
a problem I find when I translate .po files is about collisions
between shortcuts.
In particular, it is not so easy to decide where to put the & (or _)
in translated strings in order to ensure that each shortcut is unique.
One possibility (for yast) is to generate .mo files and then to check
the result. However this approach is quite slow and not all modules
can be checked (e.g., when corresponding hardware is not available).

Do you know an easy way to find shortcut collisions?

Analysing /var/log/YaST2/y2log I am able to find some collision but I
still need to launch yast and go throw several configuration steps in
order to point out conflicts.

Regards,
Andrea
Hi, Andrea. There is NO easy way to find shortcut collisions, since
gettext provides no way to determine whether two messages will be
displayed on one screen at the same time.

--
Regards, Minton.