Re: [opensuse-translation] Translation of openSUSE License - changes
Andreas,
I kindly ask to double-check the text you applied, since those new
edits are not done by english native speaker or are severely broken.
There are three edits: items (b) and (e) of US law requirements and a
year numbers in copyright disclaimer. The last one is easy, only
numbers have changed, but text items are corrupted in both legal and
linguistical ways:
If i agree to that license, I claim that, according to (b) statement,
I AM NOT "located in a prohibited destination country" and, in the
same time, I AM "specifically prohibited under the EAR or US sanctions
regulations". Those two parts contradict each other in terms of
exclusive logic.
According to (e) statement I claim that I "understand and agree that"
(due to EAR 741.17e) I "will" "understand" <smth about other
countries>. In old version I needed to file BIS reports twice a year
due to the same regulation (EAR 741.17e).
--
Regards, Minton.