Re: [opensuse-translation] Updating update-desktop-files in trunk
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 10:56:09 +0200
Strainu <strainu10@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Well, I was looking for a little bit more - like the upstream svn
source and the corresponding files in openSUSE.

Fair request. I'm not aware of such a list.

For instance, I recently heard there is a single source for country
names and languages used by several distributions.

I used it from translationproject.org for initialization. But I do not
use it for updates.

Are we using an upstream source for that too? Perhaps I missed
something on the wiki, but it's very unclear what is overriden by
upstream translations.

I think only desktop files are imported from upstream. And files
maintained by gnome-patch-translation--but this is still a black box to
me ;) I'll try to join Stanislav's talk about its capabilities at the
next openSUSE conference.

[Please "reply to list" next time.]

I try, but I just don't get it why on opensuse lists the reply-to
address is not set to the list.

Some guys like it, others do not. Whatever is set, better do not touch
it. Esp. do not change a list to use "reply-to list".

R&D / Documentation