Re: [opensuse-translation] End of translations for 11.3
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 09:57:50 +0200
Vojtěch Zeisek <Vojtech.Zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

If it is as it ever was, translation checkins are still possible. But
now the tough part is convincing package maintainers to touch their
packages again and include our updated translations. They probably will
not touch their packages just because of updated translations, though.

Sorry, but I do not see there any exact date of stopping of work. ;-)

Yes ;) As always, I'm as optimistic as possible. Sometimes a window
gets opened and limited package checkins are possible.

And is there any other way to get translations to be updated? For
example as some update after release of 11.3?

Yes, that's on my agenda. It helps if you keep track of translation
improvements done since last week (= after RC1 checkins). Or someone
should write a script to derive this info from our SVN commits. Than I
can decide which yast2-trans packages should be updated and which .po
files must be added to the translation-update packages.

One caveat: We cannot update translations that are part of the instsys
(e.g., slideshow texts). At least, there is no cheap and easy way to do
it.

The English version is still in the works... I think, on the off-line
media there are no RN translations at all, at least not in the instsys.

Hm. Strange...

No, it is not ;) These are not the marketing release notes, which will
be ready at due time. Our release notes are more or less rather
technical issues that we noted during testing the pre-releases such as
milestones and RCs. Often there are last minute observations that I
must add--thus I'm hesitant to declare them finished by now.

General note: All in all the translation schedule works quite good.
Maybe, it would be a good idea to post our concerns to the general MLs
(factory?) more often.

R&D / Documentation