Re: [opensuse-translation] Re-enabling patches with translations
  • From: Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 08:49:10 +0200
Onsdag den 12. maj 2010 17:36:13 skrev Lubos Lunak:
is it a problem to translate again strings that have already been
translated in the past?

I've noticed that during updating KDE packages to 4.4.0 a number of our
local patches got temporarily disabled because they didn't apply cleanly
and were non-trivial to update, and this "temporarily" lasted until this
week when I found this out and updated them. However the patches add few
translations (five, to be exact). Would it be ok if I commit updated
kdebase4-openSUSE.pot to the SVN, given that these strings were already
translated for 11.2?

Commit, commit, commit.

Even if the strings should happen to not exist in neither the memory in svn
nor lokalize translation memory, translating 5 strings is done in a jiffy.

Having very visible untranslated strings in the final product is much, much
worse from a translator point of view than a little bit of extra work before
release.