openSUSE 11.3 Translation Roadmap (Re: [opensuse-translation] Inconsistencies in files in project opensuse-i18n)
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 10:12:19 +0200
Here some news, hints, and remarks.

"Olav P." <olav.pet@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Torsdag 1. april 2010 21.39.09 skrev Freek de Kruijf :

Recently updated .pot files appeared in trunk webyast. However updated
(merged) .po files did not appear. So I tried to do the merging myself.

I have noticed this as well, along with some pot files in the lcn tree.

Will these files be "merged" at some point of the future

Yes, merging will happen pretty soon now. But it does not hurt if those
who are familiar with this stuff, do the merging on their own for their
language. That's at least my opinion.

Instruction about merging are in the yast/50-doc/readme.txt and
lcn/README, both files need some love... webyast/README is just a copy
of the lcn/README ;-( Once things are settled, adjust the wiki
accordingly.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- cut here -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Merging
=======

Yesterday I asked the developers to honor the string freeze and to
submit "final" pot files. This will happen during this week, when they
are back from vacation, have read their mail backlog, and fixed other
things ;)

It's my plan to merge everthing on Thursday in the early afternoon and
take a look on Friday again. Today I'll probably pull in the
update-desktop-files; but feel free to ignore those for the
moment--additional imports will still happen!

Using SLE11 SP1 Translations
============================

Novell Globalization Services are about to finish the SLE11 SP1
Translations. Because many software pieces are developed in close
cooperation across the products, it would be a good thing, if you'd make
use of the translations in the SLE11 branch. The following translations
are available in SLE11 SP1 (not all of them are fully done, some of them
are only needed for special projects and thus intentional incomplete):

ar cs da de el en_GB en_US es fi fr hu it ja ko nb nl pl pt_BR ru sv tr
uk zh_CN zh_TW

To see the differently translated messages, you can msgcat.

Vice versa, Novell Globalization Services has based the SLE11 SP1
translations on the community translations. This is especially true for
webyast, lcn upstream software, and new yast messages.

R&D / Documentation