Re: [opensuse-translation] 11.3 Translation Planning?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 17:51:58 +0100

On 2010-03-24 09:13, Jean Cayron wrote:
Carlos,

Have you even tried the link I gave? There is no so called kbabel package
but KBabel is part of the package kdesdk3-translate. Do you try things
before asking questions? We give you the solution, you don't try it and say
it doesn't work. So why do you ask?
Try first to install kdesdk3-translate and see if KBabel is installed or
not. If it doesn't work, react then on the list and not the other way round.

KBabel has always been available for 11.2 and no one and nothing prevents
you to install it if you follow the instructions.

Sorry, if you told me the specific package where it comes, I didn't notice. I
read the message and
understood that it is included in the kde3 repo, not that you were telling me
that it comes in an
specific package.

Don't be so harsh.

I ask because I didn't see that, and because I couldn't find it.

YaST says it is not there, even when told to look at the "provides" list.
Webpin can not find it.
Why the mistery? Why is it so well hidden?

And yes, even before reading your reply, I have kde3 installing at the moment.
It will take hours.
Some packages fail to download, yst complains about missing kde3base or similar
being missing.

[...]

Well, the install just finished, and kbabel is not installed. I'll have to
review things later.
Perhaps the path is not in the environment.

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" GM (Minas Tirith))