Re: [opensuse-translation] 11.3 Translation Planning?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 15:17:35 +0100 (CET)

On Saturday, 2010-03-06 at 10:33 -0300, Luiz Fernando Ranghetti wrote:

2010/3/6 Carlos E. R. <>:

Translation memory.

How do I train it? I want to tell it to scan the entire yast/po/es tree so that
it learns. Again,
the help file explains nothing. At least, I understand nothing.
Choice or create a translation memory, then click Add data and select
yast/po/es and wait.

Ah. I selected "trunk" and waited. It worked on some megabytes, but the dialog
remained empty. Then
I selected "export to tmx", and exported just 186 bytes, nothing. Then I
repeated, specifying the
.po directory... same result, the TMX file is empty.

Is this supposed to work?

Yes it works. When your have the project configured and showing all
the files you could open the translation memory tab and click in
'Rescan project files' (or something similar)

It does, it rescans, but stores nothing. Absolutely nothing, nothing, nothing. A few seconds scanning and I get nothing in the memory.

What is "phase"? Under the file menu.

The 'phase' concept is more related to Xliff files where you can set
diferent phases (similar to what Vertaal does) as translating,
reviewing, etc

Ah.

The comments field is in Unit metadada, where you can see the origin
of the string, the comment the autor set and/or add you own note
(similar to what exists in poedit)

I would prefer the types gettext recommends: comments from translator, comments from devs to translator, etc.

How do I tell lokalize to check the syntax of the translation and then, go to
the errors found? I
absolutely need this.

I know that there is a script for kde who check the format and if its
wrong it opens Lokalize in the faulty string, but I don't know how to
use it nor if it could be used for other projects.

Mmm.

- -- Cheers,