Re: [opensuse-translation] 11.3 Translation Planning?
  • From: Luiz Fernando Ranghetti <elchevive68@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 10:33:20 -0300

On 2010-03-04 09:23, Jean Cayron wrote:
2010/3/4 Carlos E. R. <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

In my other machine, which has oS 11.2 with gnome, I told YaST to install
lokalize and all its
dependencies. It runs.

Translation memory.

How do I train it? I want to tell it to scan the entire yast/po/es tree so
that it learns. Again,
the help file explains nothing. At least, I understand nothing.
Choice or create a translation memory, then click Add data and select
yast/po/es and wait.

Ah. I selected "trunk" and waited. It worked on some megabytes, but the
dialog remained empty. Then
I selected "export to tmx", and exported just 186 bytes, nothing. Then I
repeated, specifying the
.po directory... same result, the TMX file is empty.

Is this supposed to work?

Yes it works. When your have the project configured and showing all
the files you could open the translation memory tab and click in
'Rescan project files' (or something similar)

I open a .po file.
Open first a project, go to the overview and click on the po file.

Ok.

What is "phase"? Under the file menu.

The 'phase' concept is more related to Xliff files where you can set
diferent phases (similar to what Vertaal does) as translating,
reviewing, etc

Nothing here.

I see leds for "untranslated" and "not ready". I don't see "fuzzy". What is
"not ready"? How do I
get the fuzzy status displayed? How do I change the fuzzy status?
Not ready is fuzzy. To change the fuzzy status you've got this red stamp
button.

Ah, so they changed the name. Why?

On the left part I see something called "units". What is an unit? I see a
link for "add a note".
What is a note? Where are the comment fields?

The comments field is in Unit metadada, where you can see the origin
of the string, the comment the autor set and/or add you own note
(similar to what exists in poedit)

How do I tell lokalize to check the syntax of the translation and then, go
to the errors found? I
absolutely need this.

I know that there is a script for kde who check the format and if its
wrong it opens Lokalize in the faulty string, but I don't know how to
use it nor if it could be used for other projects.

Regards,

Luiz