Re: [opensuse-translation] 11.3 Translation Planning?
  • From: Luiz Fernando Ranghetti <elchevive68@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 09:58:27 -0300
2010/3/3 Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>:
Onsdag den 3. marts 2010 00:36:18 skrev Carlos E. R.:
On Tuesday, 2010-03-02 at 23:14 +0100, Martin Schlander wrote:
Lokalize is much better than KBabel ever was - and has been for a while.

Las time I looked Lokalize held a lot of promise - but that is, promise. I
couldn't figure how to configure it, and I did not find some functionality
I need.

You guys must be crazy ;-)

The diffs for fuzzy messages alone saves so much time that it can't be
exaggerated and is well worth the switch (supported by openSUSE PO-files since
11.2 cycle).

And there's so much else Lokalize does to help you translate better and
faster. Sometimes it's almost too easy.

You need to try it again (>= 4.3 version particularly). The time will be a
good investment.

I use Lokalize and love it (especially the diffs) but it indeed has
some missing funcionality compared to KBabel:

* couldn't search/spellchecking a folder (kde) or all .po (you had to
open every file and run the spellchecker inside)
* the alternate translations is not working (i contact the author +
create bug but no response since months)

To the coordinators, I suggest use one toolkit called
'translate-toolkit' (python-translate-toolkit in OBS)
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/index
In special the poconflicts tools which shows us strings translated
different through .po (like the yasts helps like the "Aborting saving
[...]" string

And for the update-desktop-files I suggest, at least for the kde
strings (as kde 4.4.x is in kde stable now), to do the last merge
where upstream translations wins and for the remaining 'our'
translation wins.

Regards,

Luiz