Re: [opensuse-translation] Build 350 l10n regression
  • From: Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 12:34:17 +0100
Mandag den 9. november 2009 08:54:14 skrev Karl Eichwalder:
To avoid bad feelings again and again, we should publish and announce
the translations two or four weeks after the English release (GA). This
is, the GA most probably is 99% or more translated, but the user can
expect us to provide translation improvements two or four weeks later.

You mean as updated isos? or the language cd? or (optional) online updates?

I see possibilities in this. Most users won't notice that a certain language
has gone unmaintained until after official release - this model would give
them a chance to complete translations _after_ official release to remedy the
situation.

But alas, this model also requires someone with the necessary time, knowledge
and care for openSUSE to do a lot of work.