Re: [opensuse-translation] Build 350 l10n regression
  • From: Kálmán Kéménczy <kkemenczy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 20:32:32 +0100
In this particular case someone should have thought about it (forgive me, but
I'm just too busy around release time to be that someone) and revert the po
files against the latest submitted package too and remerge. The revert of
yast2-gtk was really to go back to 11.1 code, so all translations are
somewhere.

I think we have to talk about the future and not about the past.

Developers tend to ignore translations - and I like your ideas how to work
around that fact.

And honestly, I don't want people to understand the current process, I want
some to change and define it. And your last mail makes perfect suggestions,
even if someone still needs to put them into action - let me know if there
is anything you need from me.

Thanks, I will ping you after the release and let's work on this.

Now is a good time to talk about changes to
get 11.3 rolling. I did everything I could - this is the release with the
largest gap between hard freeze and release and we saw a lot of minor
translation fixed.

This is true! And I was really proud to the RC1...

And I even translated the download page - but the yast2
module was just a group screw up. The GNOME community wanted changes, the
developer only managed very late to get them in and then people complained
about them and they were reverted even later. But again: translations we
can update, reverting the yast look & feel with an online update would have
been pain - more pain than 4 buttons.

I believe that, but I hope you also understand our l10n view, this is
our part, our enthusiasm, our child.

Now I am getting optimistic. Let's celebrate the new release next/this
week and start to work on the next one.

thanks
kalman