Re: [opensuse-translation] Build 350 l10n regression
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 19:29:55 +0100
On Sunday 08 November 2009 18:17:25 Carlos E. R. wrote:
On Sunday, 2009-11-08 at 17:57 +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Now is a good time to talk about changes to
get 11.3 rolling. I did everything I could - this is the release with the
largest gap between hard freeze and release and we saw a lot of minor
translation fixed.

Simply add a string freeze at the very last, a period in which only
translators can work and add changes. We translate whatever is missing,
you issue a final release candidate, final polish, and then GM.
The change was done for RC2, there was plenty of time between RC2 and GM,
but still it wasn't done. This is no schedule problem, but a man power
problem.

Shouldn't be that difficult... either SuSE/Novell wants a fully translated
product, or they don't. And get commited to it.
SuSE/Novell does not care. openSUSE project might care - you seem to care.

If the developer community don't get serious on 111n, there is nothing we
can do. And if they don't get serious, translators will go away.
This happens everywhere. And of course you can concentrate on the yast2-gtk
incident, but in general you will notice that the translation freeze _was_
accepted.

Greetings, Stephan