Re: [opensuse-translation] Build 350 l10n regression
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 16:21:48 +0100
On Sunday 08 November 2009 09:19:02 Kálmán Kéménczy wrote:
Yes, we can fix many things with an online update - but we should still
strive to have everything - especially our primary desktops - fully
localized,

Strong words, but sure, I'm also all for it, but the defect was detected
just too late.
Unfortunately, we did not notice that it was necessary to revert
the gtk packager and that this means you would have to revert the
POT file, too.

Is it a failure or missing of the "quick emergency packet change" process?
How could we prepare ourself to avoid that kind of issues in the future?
Or is it was too spacial case? I really don't know how it goes.

As Karl said in several mails, we need people not just to care about
statistics, but also about the coordination work and the packaging work.
I mean translating is hard work, but the work is not done when it's commited
to SVN.

So I want people to step up and take responsibility for other languages too.

Greetings, Stephan