Re: [opensuse-translation] Build 350 l10n regression
  • From: Miguel Angel Alvarez <maacruz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 14:46:23 +0100
El Sábado 07 Noviembre 2009, Carlos E. R. escribió:
On Saturday, 2009-11-07 at 08:57 +0100, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
Am Sat 07 Nov 2009 08:38:45 AM CET schrieb Kálmán Kéménczy <>:
I do understand that, but the bugs has not been corrected for the
freeze. Another main issues is the change of the gtk-yast between RC1
and RC2 that we could not follow.

Yes, this is unfortunately, but not that serious (IMO). The default
now is KDE, and we can fix the defect with an online update.

I was told that having KDE as the default would not bein demeaning for the
rest. I find out that it is not so, as I feared. Bugs in gnome will now go
unsolved. Nice. :-/

For sure, I'm one(?) of the bottle necks. But with the build service
(BS) all of you can prepare package updates and send submitreqs (sr) to
the project maintainers. There is some basic documentation in the wiki.
I admit, for soem packages that's not that easy, though.

That is for those that know how. I will not touch things I know nothing
about, and I may not have time (or inclination) to learn about. I'm not a
dev.

We translate, and that takes a good part of our time. We like to see that
our effort was productive and useful. Seeing english text in parts we took
our time to translate, it hurts a lot!

It is a constant source of frustration seeing this again and again. This has
happened at every release we have worked on.
I'd rather not meet a date for a week or two and make sure everything is right
than the current situation.

--
Don't see the world through a window, be open{source}minded, and be free :-)