Re: [opensuse-translation] New Tajik Language for OpenSUSE
  • From: Michael Skiba <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 01:00:49 +0200
Am Sonntag, 23. August 2009 19:30:28 schrieb Victor Ibragimov:
To Whom It May Concern,

My name is Victor Ibragimov, a lead translator and coordinator for Tajik
KDE Team. I live in Dushanbe, Tajikistan (North from Afghanistan and
West from China). For the past five years I have been involved in
Software Localization projects for Tajik Language and initially have
localized Mandriva/Mandrake Linux and KDE into Tajik. It would be real
nice to get OpenSUSE speak Tajik!

Hi Victor,

nice that you want to participate in translating openSUSE*. I welcome you
because the actually responsible person (Karl Eichwalder) is currently not in
office and won't over the next week IIRC.

As you've maybe noticed we've already started our work for 11.2 - regarding
the roadmap we still have some time (finished localization at Mi, Sep 30). But
since you'll have to start from scratch I guess every day is useful for you.

Unfortunately the tg language isn't in our system yet, so Karl will have to
create it (and also give you comit rights for SVN). If you still want to start
right away I'd suggest you to use the generic pot files which can be found here
(for this start please keep away from update-desktop-files and gnomepackagekit
and I think openoffice - since those are at least partially merged from
upstream
of the respective projects):

https://forgesvn1.novell.com/svn/suse-i18n/trunk/yast/50-pot/
https://forgesvn1.novell.com/svn/suse-i18n/trunk/lcn/50-pot/

You'll have to save those files locally until Karl grants you comit rights.

If you still have questions just ask - I hope I mentioned everything important
but as already said, it's not what I usually do (coordinate the German
translation team :) ).

Regards,
Michael

* openSUSE is actually spelled with a lower case o ;)
--
Q: Why does Washington have the most lawyers per capita and
New Jersey the most toxic waste dumps?