Re: [opensuse-translation] Live installer in native language
  • From: Satoru Matsumoto <helios_reds@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 14:01:11 +0900
Rastislav Krupanský wrote:

Why is live installer still in english, when i install live cd
(Milestone5)? Although i choose my native language(slovak) before
booting live cd and live-installer is translated, still is in english.
Is any way how i can reach live installer in my native language?

Although it might not be an answer you expected, we can build totaly
localized Live CD/DVD with SUSE Studio[0] by ourselves now.

I've recently built a fully Japanized KDE 4.3 Live CD with Japanese
related packages including yast2-trans-ja, etc., in which I can launch
Japanized Live-installer.

It's by no means *official*, but if I understand correctly, we can
distribute it in our local community as long as we observe Legal[1] and
Trademark Guidlines[2].

[0] http://susestudio.com/
[1] http://en.opensuse.org/Legal
[2] http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_Trademark_Guidelines

Best,

--
_/_/ Satoru Matsumoto - openSUSE Member - Japan _/_/
_/_/ Marketing/Weekly News/openFATE Screening Team _/_/