Re: [opensuse-translation] Turkmen Translation
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 16:17:05 +0200
Mergen AGAYEV <mergenchik@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi!

I've wanted to contribute in localization of OpenSuse to Turkmen Language,
I've posted mail before (in 2007,
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-translation/2007-12/msg00064.html) but I
think replies went to my Spam folder. Yesterday during googling I've found
that I really get a response :) sorry for such a big delay.

No problem :) And thanks for your continued offer. You now have commit
rights as "mergenchik" and can start with the yast files.

In responses to my original post Mr. Karl Eichwalder asked if Turkmen
Alphabet is similar to latin. Yes it is very similar, we don't use
cyrillic anymore since 1995 as I remember. Letters in Alphabet are as
in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkmen_alphabet (not cyrillic)

This is good news ;)

Also there is Turkmen Keyboard layout in Vista, in previous versions
of Windows there were no turkmen keyboard and we used program which as
I think patched Hungarian Keyboard Layout to be used as Turkmen.

Jiri, can you make use of this?

So from where I can begin? What can I do?

Translating two or three yast files would be the best (base,
installation, etc.). Then we could start testing. Once this is done,
I'll setup the "lcn" hierarchy.

I'm currently studying Electronics and Communication Engineering in
Ankara/Turkey. Here are many students which want to contribute to make
linux on turkmen.

Sounds great! Cheers,
Karl

R&D / Documentation