Re: [opensuse-translation] about update-desktop-files-screensavers.po origin
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 23:03:18 +0200
Le jeudi 11 juin 2009, à 09:49 +0200, Stephan Kulow a écrit :
On Wednesday 10 June 2009 22:08:10 Александр Мелентьев wrote:
Hello all!
Recently I've spend some time on full translation of
update-desktop-files-screensavers.po file. There I saw a lot of
records marked as comments of corresponding *.desktop file, for
instance:
#: /usr/share/applications/screensavers/julia.desktop

These *.desktop files are located under
/usr/share/kde4/services/ScreenSavers, where most of the source

You confuse something. If you see in the comment of the msgid, this is
/usr/share/applications/screensavers/julia.desktop - which is part of
gnome-screensaver. And these desktop files really include that long
comments. Interestingly the whole package comes with very little upstream
translations, no idea why. Perhaps _there_ is a bug.

Upstream doesn't ship all those .desktop files. We create them when we
build the package.

The spec file contains:

#%suse_update_desktop_file $file_root

I guess someone thought it was commenting out the command, but it
doesn't.

I think it makes sense to make sure the name of the screensavers are
translated (since they appear in the UI), so I changed the package to
comment out the Comment key, so %suse_update_desktop_file should ignore
them now.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.