Re: [opensuse-translation] .po editor on windows?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 13:00:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Saturday, 2009-06-20 at 06:03 +0300, Nick Shaforostoff wrote:

On Суббота 20 июня 2009 03:02:27 Carlos E. R. wrote:
I assume that would need me to install kde for windows, too... I didn't
say this before, but the available computer is an old P-III with a 9 GiB
HD (about 2 GiB free). I can write few things there, and I'm not an admin
on XP, so my leeway is very limited. KDE for windows, though it would be
nice to try, seems to be more than what I dare to install there.
you can deselect most of the packages.
my KDE installation takes ~300 mb.
if i'm correct, then it doesn't require admin privileges, as it uses plain text
files for configuration.

also it would be intresting for me to hear about your experience with lokalize
and poedit compared
[on windows and slow hardware].

Ok, I may try. It is a bit on the large side, but I'll consider it.

Space is very limited there, the computer becomes very slow and "trashes" when disk is too low. But I'll try if I can.

p.s. lokalize doesn't do spellcheck on windows right now, but that should be
fixed in KDE 4.3 due next month.

Nice. Not a requirement, but nice. :-)

- -- Cheers,