Re: [opensuse-translation] How to resolve conflicts in update-desktop-files-conflicts.fr.po?
  • From: Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 18:00:20 +0200
Tirsdag den 9. juni 2009 17:36:06 skrev Luiz Fernando Ranghetti:
I think the 'correct' way for correcting the translations conflicts is
in the upstream projects if I'm not wrong, as the update-desktop.*.po
are collected upstream at each merge, so even if you correct some
terms locally, probably they will be override in the next merge I
guess.

Karl/coolo,

Could you clarify this for us?

That's how I understand it too ;-)

The "conflicts" is just a form of notification that those translations have
been overwritten by upstream stuff.

If you want, you can change the stuff back later on, but only in the last 1-2
months of openSUSE 11.2 development, because at that point upstream desktop
file translations won't be set to overwrite opensuse desktop file translations
anymore.

If you do nothing at all, then the upstream translations will be used in the
final product. So you only have to act if the upstream translations are really
bad, and in that case the best thing to do is to report upstream.

But it might be too late for upstream to fix it for openSUSE, so it can make
sense to fix it yourself in the openSUSE desktop file POs in such cases.