[opensuse-translation] Russian translation participation
  • From: Александр Мелентьев <alex239@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 15:19:30 +0400
Hello, My name is Alexander Melentiev.

For almost a year I translate openSUSE to russian. For at least six
months I am the only guy doing this. So there's a tiny problem:
Russian "team" coordinator Alexey Osipov is really collaborative when
you are able to communicate with him, but this is not always possible.
Since his job is really time-consuming and includes trips to other
cities, where he is unable to check email and therefore commit my
translations, it creates some difficulties in translation process:
several times I waited for commit for 2-3 weeks, during which the
template update took place, creating revision conflicts, which I had
to solve manually to try to send them in again.

Since there is still plently of work to do and I don't plan to stop
translating openSUSE to russian can I have commit rights too, please
(like the Japanese guy Tomohito Koseki a few days ago)? This would be
really helpful.

My novell account name: Minton
http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/User:Minton
Contact(email/jabber):alex239@xxxxxxxxx