Re: [opensuse-translation] Community Week: Translation
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 13:05:35 +0200
Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx> writes:

I just posted in IRC #opensuse-translation:

14:00 < ke_> I hope tomorrow you will have time to participate in:
14:01 < ke_> 11:00 CEST: Submitting YaST translations from SVN to
openSUSE:Factory
14:01 < ke_> If wanted I can repeat this session in the afternoon or on Friday

Of course, questions or remarks are allowed.

First session is done. I'll do the same session on Friday 15th, 16:00 CEST
again. Here is the offline version:

Submitting YaST translations from SVN to openSUSE:Factory

Pre-requites:
- Install development packages such as yast2-devtools, gettext-tools, etc.
- You need access to the suse-i18n SVN at
https://forgesvn1.novell.com/svn/suse-i18n/trunk/yast.
- You need an OBS (openSUSE Build Service) account.

Go to your YaST language directory in the suse-i18n SVN, for example,
https://forgesvn1.novell.com/svn/suse-i18n/trunk/yast/cs and run:

make -f Makefile.cvs

This is required only once or if there are changes in the package build
framework.

Optional, for checking or updating your po files:

make checkpo
make -C po update-po

I'd prefer if you'd check in the po files after running "make update-po":

svn ci -m'merge po files' po/*.po

And now, the packaging step. The following command results in
yast2-trans-cs-2.18.1.tar.bz2 (in case you are working with the "cs" files)
and it contains all your translations (po files):

make dist

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- cut here -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

For the moment, leave the suse-i18n SVN alone. Switch to working on the
yast2-trans jumbo package in the openSUSE Build Service (OBS);
yast2-trans is the main package for all the yast2-trans-LL sub-packages.

If not already done, branch yast2-trans into your OBS home project
directory. This works the same way for other openSUSE packages:

osc branch openSUSE\:Factory yast2-trans

yast2-trans is a regular yast package. Thus it is maintained in
the YaST:Head repository and will be branched from there.

Now, you can check out yast2-trans from the just created branch. This
will become your working copy:

osc checkout home:$OSBUSER:branches:YaST:Head/yast2-trans

Replace $OBSUSER with your OSB user name; for me, it is "keichwa":

osc checkout home:keichwa:branches:YaST:Head/yast2-trans

Unfortunately, yast2-trans is rather large. It contains all the
language tar files... You must do it only once, later on "osc up" will
be sufficient.

Remember the yast2-trans-cs-2.18.1.tar.bz2 archive we created in the
suse-i18n SVN. You must copy it to yast2-trans now:

cd home:$OBSUSER:branches:YaST:Head/yast2-trans
cp .../yast2-trans-cs-2.18.1.tar.bz2 .

Update the changes file and commit your changes (the tar archive and the
changes files):

osc commit -m "Updated 'cs'."

Finally, send a submitreq to the Factory maintainer:

osc submitreq create -m 'Updated 'cs'."

Now the Factory maintainers receives a notification and will approve the
package for openSUSE Factory.

R&D / Documentation