Re: [opensuse-translation] Community Week: Translation
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 12:51:23 +0200
Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx> writes:

I cannot help with this issue, but thanks for mentioning the Community
Week on our mailinglist! For more information, see
http://en.opensuse.org/Community_Week#Translation -- if you are
interested in other topics, please post your comments!

Thus far, I did not prepare screencast or something similar. This would
be the week to learn the overall processes or get them changed. At the
moment, I'm trying to get familiar with the openSUSE Build Service (OBS)
and the goal to let translators or interested packagers prepare
translation update packages and submit them to the build via OBS "submit
requests).

BTW, I'd rather prefer question-and-answer-like sessions. And I still
believe mail is the best medium most of the time.

Unfortunately, I'm not available on Monday (2009-05-11), though.

I'm back again. Please speak up, if you have concerns :) Also, very
basic questions or proposals are very much appreciated! If you think a
dedicated IRC channel would improve our communication, we can go for
it.

Shane Wims already offered to talk a bit on the "official" Novell
translation process. I'd also answer questions. We just must agree on
time and date.

R&D / Documentation