Re: [opensuse-translation] zypper in openSUSE using SLED translations instead of openSUSE ones
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 17:23:25 +0100 (CET)

On Friday, 2009-02-27 at 15:49 +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote:

But this is tracked in bug 473004 and there is already a new update in testing
that is fixing this problem.

There isn't and never was an intention to automatically merge the SLE
translations. The SLE translators had a different time scale, different
requirements and different tools - so it's clear that there is no simple
merging. The code11 branch is there and open and you can grab from it what's
considered good or file bug reports if you consider something bad (if you care
for SLE, of course noone expects you too).

Again: We will not throw away any translation work done for 11.1 when going
towards 11.2 - the opposite is true. I went great lengths to rewrite the
desktop files handling to give you a way to look at conflicts. And not even
about SLE conflicts, but I already do not dare to throw away work that
upstream did differently.

Thanks... I can go now for my "siesta" with a tranquilized mind :-)

- -- Cheers,