[opensuse-translation] important change for desktop files
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 20:59:34 +0100
Hi,

Since 2008-11-19 we were prefering the translations in SVN over those in our
packages after (as far as my memory) complaints from italian team. Since
Factory is open again and sees new upstream texts, we also kept old
translations alive.

So I had to change this back, but I wondered what to do with the conflicts
that happen between upstream and our teams. So I create now an extra
update-desktop-files-conflicts.*.po file that will only contain comments,
but gives you a chance to review style differences between upstream/package
translations and yours.

So it looks e.g. like this:
#, fuzzy
#~ msgctxt "Comment(digikamimageplugin_whitebalance.desktop)"
#~ msgid "White balance correction plugin for digiKam"
#~ msgstr ""
#~ "Packages:\n"
#~ "Estensione di digiKam per la correzione del bilanciamento del bianco\n"
#~ "SVN:\n"
#~ "Plugin di correzione del bilanciamento del bianco per digiKam"

I guess somewhen around 11.2 release we'll either switch back the default to
give teams a way to fix bugs that aren't overwritten by outdated package
translations. Or we find a way to overwrite specific translations, but I see
no good way atm. Till then: if you find a bug in the desktop files: let
upstream know.

Greetings, Stephan