Re: [opensuse-translation] Before starting with 11.2 translations
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 03:22:33 +0100
Am Tue 24 Feb 2009 01:41:16 AM CET schrieb Michael Skiba <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Am Montag, 23. Februar 2009 14:42:59 schrieb Karl Eichwalder:
The official SLED 11 and SLES 11 translations are mostly done now.
Comparing with openSUSE 11.1 (= trunk) many messages are translated
differently.

To avoid a fork-like product, it is desirable to align translations as
close as possible. It would be great if you could make use of SLE 11
translations, as vice versa SLE translators are encouraged to make use
of openSUSE translations. But now it is your turn; these translations
are available in the SLE11 branch:

btw. is there a place to communicate with those people / report mistakes in
the translations?

I guess a trick would be to file those as openSUSE bugs. Then I could
change the component to SLED/SLES. "Evaluation downloads" such as
http://www.novell.com/products/desktop/eval.html might also be an
option--I never tried to report bugs using the evaluation "Activation
Code"...

Shane, what do you think?

Karl