Re: [opensuse-translation] Translating openSuse documentation into french language
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 02:36:37 +0100 (CET)

On Friday, 2009-01-02 at 17:53 +0100, manchette wrote:

Hello,

I'd like that the official openSuse documentation could be translated from the
english one into french, i'm thus trying to gather some information to see how
this could be done in a easy and confortable way.

I'm interested in, at least, exploring the posibilities. If you search the archive of this mail list, you will find some questions and answers, but I know nothing for sure, I have been busy.

So far as i know it seems the last translated effort is from 10.1.

But I think it was done in latex, and now they use docbook. I know neither. I could use LyX instead, if somebody creates the templates... Or OpenOffice. Docbook... eeeks! Not unless they have a WYSIWYG or a WYMIWYG editor.

i also read that the spanish community is willing to do something using wiki
(if i got it well), so would it be possible to set up a translating structure
in common ?

I'm one of the Spanish translators, but I'm not sure what you are refering to :-?

Could you please tell me what's possible with all this ?

I have forwarded your email to the Spanish translation mail list.

- -- Cheers,