Re: [opensuse-translation] Please have respect and stop merging any day.
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 13:06:06 +0100 (CET)

On Saturday, 2008-11-22 at 12:45 +0100, Andrea Florio wrote:

the problem is NOT that single update, the problem is the continuos
merge.. i understand that changes may happens, but i think that NO
RESPECT for translators exist...

i can see any day a new merge that add fuzzy and untranslated...
as i told i understand that change happens, but please!

we translate for free in free time, and in one of last merging karl
asked to fixed changes in few hours..

Well, I expected "suffering" changes when I volunteered for translating, I knew what this was about, more or less. I don't mind very much having to change and change again already translated files, and having last minute changes.

What I do mind is being hurried up, and without advance notice.

We are no professionals translators, we are not sitting wating for new files... we have other things to do. At the very least, if we are told days in advance that "could we please review some last hour changes very fast on Friday morning", perhaps then some team member can allocate time and do it.

- -- Cheers,