Re: [opensuse-translation] Problems with update-desktop-files-kde.it.po
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 20:12:09 +0100
Am Sonntag 09 November 2008 schrieb Andrea Turrini:
Hi all,

I'm translating into Italian the lnc/po/update-desktop-files-kde.it.po
file. Watching the changes between my last version (39512) and the svn head
(41534), besides the fuzzy and untranslated strings, I've discovered a lot
of new/modified translated strings with errors or strange behaviors.

In fact, I've found mainly these problems:
- some strings are translated into different strings even if they are
relative to the same msgid of the same file - some new and modified strings
contain grammar mistakes or do not match the singular/plural of msgid
(while original translations was right) - some translated strings are
replaced with untranslated ones
I don't think there are desktop files with plural

- some translated strings are replaced with wrong ones
This is due to the preference to upstream translation. I guess you need
to contact the upstream italian translators.

- some modified strings seems to be replaced by strings generated by an
automatic translator - some modified strings contain words that do not
exists in Italian - some modified strings do not follow standard Italian
translations (see
http://en.opensuse.org/Translation-it#Elenco_delle_parole_di_uso_comune_e_l
oro_traduzione_standard ) - some modified strings contain fuzzy words or now
they are ambiguous
Can you please point to an example string?

Greetings, Stephan